Samsung has been dedicated to making a better world through diverse businesses that today span advanced technology, semiconductors, skyscraper and plant construction, petrochemicals, fashion, medicine, finance, hotels, and more. Our flagship company, Samsung Electronics, leads the global market in high-tech electronics manufacturing and digital media.
Samsung is the first company to include product registrations at the manufacturer websites, and provides valuable insights that allow brands to better support existing customers and inform product road map plans. The core strengths of Samsung are innovation offering reliable products and services; talented people; a responsible approach to business and global citizenship; and collaboration with our partners and customers, Samsung is taking the world in imaginative new directions. The major objective of Samsung is to sustain Customer Relationship management through effective and efficient market relationships.
Challenges faced Samsung in CRM perspective
- Lack of customer profiling
- Less scope of engagement with the end user
- No active participation in the site
- No demographic targeting
CRM objectives of Samsung
- Build relationships directly with their customers by gathering profile data and insights to improve customer intelligence
- Improve the account creation process to allow people to quickly engage
- Increase participation in the site
CRM process framed by Samsung
- The first step in achieving these objectives was to implement an easier way for customers to set up a new account, or access an existing one. Social login, which is the ability for a website visitor to use an existing identity such as Facebook, Google, Yahoo! etc. to register or login was chosen. Almost immediately, Samsung website visitors affirmed that they prefer social login to avoid remembering another username/password combination by choosing to use a social or email identity to register. When customers choose to use a social identity, Samsung also gains valuable insights about them. Social profile data is often the most complete and reliable data available and provides information on demographics and more – interests, activities, friends and other products owned. When social profile data is combined database along with other relevant data and analytics, a 360-degree view of customers is developed to provide a deeper understanding of the motivations, success.
The outcome revealed that customers who chose social login to create or access an account were high value customers: Social login users are more likely to open email and click through a link on email and leave a product review.
Samsung has been able to successfully:
- Expedite the account creation process
- Access and leverage social profile data to enhance customer intelligence
Increase engagement on site and via email with high-value customers who prefer to use social login. Samsung Electronics has implemented a customer relationship management (CRM) solution from SAP as the foundation for new integrated marketing campaigns around the globe aimed at improving customer service and increasing brand awareness. Samsung is using the mobile sales, campaign management and interaction center capabilities of mySAP CRM with its existing SAP enterprise applications in a bid to improve dialogue with its customers and accurately define target audiences
The CRM case study of Samsung has revealed the features of database related CRM features where elimination of duplicate data plays an important role, sales tracking and marketing has gone a rapid transformation, easy report creation, Segmentation analysis etc.