In this blog, you will be getting an insight on the role of CRM software in the Educational domain. An educational CRM system helps institutions to have an all-inclusive perspective on students´ needs, collecting customer knowledge from the student interaction phases (admission, registration, fee payment, and course conclusion). An educational institution is only as good as its reputation. The reputation of an educational institution is determined by its students. In this situation, it becomes centrally important to attract and enroll the students of the highest caliber. Apparently, students are now relying more on online information and social media reviews. The CRM system for education comes has tracking tools which are integrated applications and they can support in lead tracking using multiple channels like emails and social media.
Interesting facts about Education CRM software
The education domain is amplified with numerous factors as listed below
– Increasing Tuition and consequently increased expectations
– Rising demand for better schooling and higher education has raised the bar of school fees.
– Growing usage of online education and educational technology
– New business models of education emerging from Asia
Students are familiar and used with online information, reviews, and enquiries. But, as per different surveys, 54% of web-based students’ inquiries did not get a response! Due to the high number of unanswered student enquiries, one could assume that many first-year students will begin their term with a lack of clarity.
It is evident that HEIs (Higher educational institutions) must be streamlining their operations, devise cost effective strategies and improve gray areas of management to explore the scope of increasing the revenue generation activities.
CRM benefits of Education domain
The benefits of CRM in Education domain is listed as below
Education CRM software helps in creating a complete holistic management Education system
There are 3 audiences in a higher education CRM system and they are listed as below
- Prospective students
- Current students
The CRM must have additional focus on employee management and workflow automation. So, it leverages the college/university management body with an all-inclusive system.
- Student Education life cycle management.
- Simplification and management of the process of admission.
- Discovering the prospective students after interview process for future.
- Deliver rapid responses to student enquiries.
- Focusing and working towards in building a long lasting alumini relationship.
Role of LMS (Learning Management system) in Education CRM
The effective LMS (Learning Management system) in Education CRM
- Simplify Teaching and Learning,
- Enhance Student Performance,
- Effective Faculty Management,
- End-to-End Course Management,
- Powerful Collaboration, Online,
- Document Management and more.
Applications of LMS based Education CRM (Deskara CRM)
The Application of LMS based Education CRM like Deskara CRM) are listed as below
- Student Management software is required for managing the entire “student life-cycle” starting from stages of application till the last stage of graduation.
- Faculty Management software solutions for faculty profiling, career portal, faculty scheduling, feedback management, and research information systems are all on Deskera LMS.
- Better organization and simplification of the entire admissions and enrollment process with Student Admissions software.
- Deskera LMS provides you with the ability to manage multiple types of exams. Configure your own exam qualification rules for various types of exams..
- Powerful, web-based Course Management software designed for end-to-end course life-cycle management. Manage both online courses and classroom courses with blended learning in Deskera LMS.
Learning Content Management System
- There is a content management software providing End-to-end learning and it helps to create, publish and share learning content in a real time environment..
Bursary – Financial Management
- Define course fees for all your courses in detail with LMS price book setup. The Bursary enables the scholarships configuration and provides access to the discount plans with Deskera LMS.
- Deskera LMS Virtual Classroom enables real-time collaboration and delivery of online lectures.
- LMS CRM software provides complete integration with Twitter live feed for course-related discussions. Unique collaborative Social LMS provided by Deskera lets teachers and students create content in collaboration
- Facility Management lets you manage all campus facilities and resources from a single window in Deskera LMS. Enjoy features like Facility Creation, Facility Allocation, Priority Booking and more.
- Deskera LMS allows you to create, capture, store, share, preserve, search, and tag documents for efficient and effective process of document management.
Learning Portfolio Management
- Develop and maintain your personalized learning portfolio in Deskera LMS. We can add blocks for inserting notes, videos, links, resumes and files.
Customization modules of Education CRM software
The Customization Module of Education CRM is a boon to administrators as it helps in customizing the software based on business requirements. Forms, Fields, Views, Emails, SMS, Product Logo, Templates, Reports, and Dashboards are all customizable to suit client requirements.
- Customize Forms, Fields, Reports
- Customize Email, SMS Templates
- Email/Web to Form Integration
- Integrated with Leading Systems
Form & Fields CRM Customization
- New Fields
Add or remove fields such as text, Dropdown as per your business requirement.
- Rename Fields
Rename existing fields or modules to suit your business process.
- Field Positions
Change field positions in forms as per your requirement.
- Enable/Disable Email/SMS Alerts
You can Enable or Disable Email/SMS Notifications for sending automatic alerts.
- Customize Form Views, Searches
The Form views, search criteria fields can be customized based on end user requirement.
- Dropdown or Pick list Customization
You can add a pick list or modify existing pick list as per your need.
Reports & Templates Customization
- Customized Reports
Create your own customized reports by adding or removing columns or fields.
- Email Templates Customization
Use built in HTML editor to customize the email templates with business specific.
- SMS Templates Customization
The SMS Template can be customized by using edit option and can be modified based on end user requirement.
- Product Logo, Title Personalization
Personalize the product title, logo to suit your company branding.
- Quotation Terms Customization
Customized quotation template to suit your business with terms & conditions.
- Mobile App Customization
Show/hide fields or forms in mobile app as per your business process.
- Customizable Education Consultant CRM Salient Features
- Lead Automation
Automatically capture leads from Property Portals like Shiksha, Career360 etc…
Education Business Specific Lead screen to capture student interests in courses, activities, etc…
- Admission Opportunity
Manage qualified leads with expected value discounts, commissions & pending payments.
- Courses Master
Courses Master to maintain course information like course type, duration & amount.
- Site Visits, Sales Calls
It is very easier to plan, assign & track outcome of site visits. The site visits can be spooled as a Daily report using the mobile GPS location accessibility.
- Tele-caller Performance
Measure telecaller performance by tracking new & follow up calls and site visits/meetings
- Agents Master
Agent Master with partner contact details, commission’s details. Track leads till bookings.
- Parents Communication
Send automated, manual SMS, Email communications to Students & Parents
- Up & Cross Selling
Up sell & Cross Sell other related services such as other courses, skill development packages.
Most of the departments in reputed universities have built their own IT systems and communication channels for better clarity and transparency within the department. It isn’t unusual for colleges and universities to communicate with students through completely disparate systems. There is one dedicated system for paying the fees and bills for students and there is another chat room for mentoring sessions by academic research counselors and coaches.
A recent e-book on the subject sums the problem up perfectly: “Students expect a level of personalization most institutions aren’t used to providing. They expect that they need access to view their grades, register for certification courses, or schedule an appointment with their mentors when they are available etc. And they expect that what you promised in terms of a campus experience will be delivered—sooner rather than later”.
There is huge demand for personalization and this has made so many colleges and universities understand the benefits of an enterprise constituent relationship management (CRM) strategy and adopt it. An effective CRM strategy breaks down those institutional silos and enables institutions to deliver a seamless experience, from enrollment to advancement, from the moment students set foot on campus.
If you want to know more information about Role of CRM in Education industry ,you can refer to our client stories like Fact Education CRM case study.