You need to integrate the quotes module of SuiteCRM to invoice in Xero and then integrate the updated invoice to the CRM. It is a two-way integration. Your invoices and bills live in Xero. Your prospect and customer information lives in SuiteCRM. SuiteCRM Xero integration helps your business transform a prospect into a sales process involving invoice and payment terms.
- It is easier to create Xero invoices directly from SuiteCRM and append the new customer contacts to Xero with a single click. Never miss another payment deadline.
Cloud based, customer invoicing
- Invoice customers wherever you are. Login from your PC, Mac or mobile.
Cash flow visibility
- Automatically import and categorize bank statements in real time.
- Any SuiteCRM administrator with a Xero login can connect their SuiteCRM account to a Xero accounting organization.
- The SuiteCRM-Xero integration will add a Xero subtab to contacts, organizations, opportunities, and projects.
- With the Xero integration, you can display high-level accounting totals and the status of individual invoices and bills to designated SuiteCRM users. These users will also be able to create new invoice drafts directly from SuiteCRM.
SuiteCRM Accounting Integrations
- The concept of SuiteCRM CRM’s accounting integrations is that billing is usually handled by the accounting application, which is separate from the CRM tasks that your salespeople will be performing.
- The salespeople can generate an invoice but they won’t be managing the entire accounting process. As such, you have two separate lists of contacts – one for the sales team, one for the accounting team.
- SuiteCRM CRM does not have automatic “sync” between the CRM contacts and your accounting system contacts – you can connect them, but that is done on a case-by-case basis rather than as a bulk process.
- Since their largest market is in the US, they worked on the integration with QuickBooks online first, as the majority of requests here were for integration with Intuit products.
SuiteCRM’s integration with Xero allows users to:
- View records from the accounting program
- Copy and link data between the two systems
- Create invoice drafts from SuiteCRM
SuiteCRM administrators with a Xero login can set up the integration by following the directions at Connecting SuiteCRM to Xero. Once the integration is installed, the Xero sub-tab will appear in SuiteCRM.
Organizations and contacts
- Create an invoice draft in Xero. (Invoice draft is created in the invoice module. All you have to change the status field to draft.
- Unlink the current record from the Xero contact.
- View the contact in Xero, which will open a new tab.
- The overview displays invoice and bill totals, as well as the lifetime value and 12-month value of the Xero contact.
- SuiteCRM will display the totals of authorized and submitted invoices and submitted bills in your Xero base currency. Xero items in other currencies will not be included in the summary.
- If you want to see the details of a transaction or modify it, click the View button to log in to Xero and access the invoice or bill.
Quotes and Invoices
The Xero sub-tab on Quotes and Invoices will display:
- Invoices and bills that have been linked to the current record
- Items in other currencies will not be included in the summary calculation, although they will appear in the list of invoices and bills.
From a Quote or project, you can:
- Create an invoice draft for a Xero contact. If the contact does not exist in Xero, you can create it here without leaving the page.
- Find and link to Xero invoices and bills. When you click the Invoices or Bills buttons, you can select the Find… option to search for Xero invoice numbers or bill reference IDs and date ranges.
To get to know more info about the SuiteCRM Xero Integration API